Friday, September 16, 2011

Driving Scribbles

We dedicated our lives to praising each other in whatever means that we could
I never really comprehended your portrait
and I wrote thousands of pages you never quite understood


I was blinded so severely by your lightness
I saw someone treating me the way I thought they should


and I'm comparing everyone, with a look more than a wince
remember those mornings you made me coffee how I like it? 
well no one has made it like that since


I live for the notion some day we'll repair, mend, and we'll try
well, I swear to you if it wasn't for wishful thinking I would perhaps die
remember telling each other secrets until one of us would cry?
not that I want you to cry


maybe I will leave this too on your window
remember I couldn't always look you in the eye
not that you want me to look you in the eye


I carry the weight of this every day 
though days like today it makes me fall
you never gave me the chance to ask you
I'll never know if you feel anything at all
anything at all


not that you wanted me to know
you said you would let me know
said you'd never let this go

No comments:

Post a Comment