Sunday, September 25, 2011

For A Change

"Lie to me like you used to
Tell me everything is how it should be
Lie to me, did you have to?
Because in the end it never matters what I think
And I can barely tell the sky from the shoreline
And I can see myself reflected in your eyes

And this was all a dream
And it’s coming back to me
A portrait in grey scale
A perfect betrayal
And I can’t even breathe with this weighing on my chest
You knew me at my best
Now I can’t even stand on my own"



"It's the art of finding out everything you wanted to know.
It's the art of getting everything you wanted from me.
It's the art of laying low,
Leave all your friends wondering where you've been.
It's the art of letting me down,
And you perfected that.


You swore that everything was fine."


"I tried so hard to be the one you'd think about on your train ride back home.
You told me you would like me better if I didn't always try so hard.And I don't feel so invincible anymore
And I don't feel so invincible anymore"




"and if you see me looking back
or if you see me betterthe worst part of my existence
Is you can call whenever"




"Keep to myself until it's over,
I can't see it but I know it's there.
And if you'd like the sight of failure for a change,
Well you can call me anytime.
With all that weight upon your shoulders,
You know you never stood a chance.

And I've never felt further from home.
It's permanent, like ink on skin.
Return is a foreign word."

No comments:

Post a Comment