Monday, September 19, 2011

So Dark For So Long

She was standing in that supposed to be accustomed living room, and there was a mood in the air I couldn't place my finger on. I looked through only her books while she was gone, it was all I needed to know. We both understood my father, probably equally but different but we laugh at the same joke. Funny how all we have in common in this plain correlation is such a strange man, as you tell me a story about my dad and how he's been sitting in the dark, something you could never understand. She said that she likes all the lights on, and didn't have to explain her intended metaphor. She said she needed brightness for being in the dark her entire life before. I said that's peculiar to me with a slight smirk on my face on that couch where I continued to impatiently sit, I said, "It's just funny because I feel the exact opposite."

No comments:

Post a Comment