Sunday, October 16, 2011

The End

We're trained to want closure, we wholeheartedly desire a real end. We need a warm feeling as the credits roll, and even life has its death. Whether or not I thought the things that were fit for closure in turn should cease to exist, I did know I wanted them neatly tied up, no loose ends or frayed edges. Nothing should be left up for interpretations. If fate must make them leave, at least give me a hollywood ending, a sunset to ride off into, accompanied or not. Give me a slow fade to black, or even a last-liner that makes it all worth it. Give me a grand finale, because if it must go, I deserve fireworks. To my dismay, many a things linger, open-ended, open wounds. To my surprise there are alternate endings, some with no script at all, there's a variant in understandings. Sometimes I find an end within myself, almost triumphantly, only for my illusion of peace to be shattered by those longing for something different. 

1 comment: