Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sad Sleep Stays Spine

"Well I've cried and you would think I'd be better for it
But the sadness just sleeps and it stays in my spine
For the rest of my life

And I've learned and you'd think I'd be something more now,
But it just goes to show it is not what you know
It's what you were thinking at the time.
This feeling's familiar, I've been here before
In a kitchen this quiet I waited for 
A sign or just something that might reassure me of anything close 
To meaning or motion with a reason to move
I need something, I want to be close to
And I scream, but I still don't know why I do it
'Cause the sound never stays it just swells and decays
So what is the point?

Why try to fight what is now so certain?
The truth is all that I am is a passing event that will be forgotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment