Thursday, May 3, 2012

Shelfed

The feeling of collecting dust on a shelf
a broken unspoken promise to take care of myself
well with all that happened and didn't, all the staying and leaving
you aren't doing so well and I found my way to get even
forgotten objects and feelings
you didn't have to not say you've never been reminded of me
we know you wouldn't mean it

you couldn't anyway
hand me something I needed
not with the slight hand you were dealt
I hope to either be remembered,
or just finally fall and break from this shelf



I hope to crash and shatter
clash and scatter
cut you open in your bareness
tear this right open from the seams of wounds
that you find too daunting to approach
and I find too haunting to reproach
it's doomed to remain flat lined forever at this rate
call it heaven or hell, curses or fate
I'll chalk it up to violence
pulling stitches out of myself each time it gets late

No comments:

Post a Comment