Sunday, January 27, 2013

"All of my accomplishments gently lowered down"
Did I think it could last forever?
tracing my patterns on your naked flesh
you let all that armor fall to the floor
just long enough to speak of why it was you were fighting for
always awaken from the illusions of healing slumber
to exchange dreams of one another
I confess, I never once watched you redressed
did I conceive it would last forever?
each word reminding me of our uncommon pain
(as if that has since changed)
"A fish swims in the sea, while the sea is, in a certain sense contained within the fish"
did I believe it could last forever?
like some what are you thinking?
what are you feeling?
I thought I saved you the grief of two years spend alone in bed staring at the ceiling
could not decipher what it could be 
that the other could be wanting
trading between the apologizing and the taunting
I'll be damned, tracing that design on any given skin I can find
did I think it would last?
I broke you like a bone I decided was mending wrong
you left me long enough for me to question why it is
I do everything
"Our closeness is such that wherever she rests her head in the softness underneath,
she'll feel me, and you will feel me."

No comments:

Post a Comment