Thursday, January 31, 2013

Surrogate


you leave me indistinct hints and clues
to string me along
i say that everything ends for me in disarray
you literally say that "sounds okay"
you do not know me
you say, "it sounds like you don't want to do your own thing"
i scoff angrily, "i assure you that is never something i do not wish to do"
assuming so boastfully that i need you
we both walk away, not wanting to argue, could never wish to bother
you are my father

you are a stream of words and emotions and fears and truths and questions and opinions and apologies and stories and ideas
i don't have room for a word in edgewise
as you spout how there you are for me
you smother me in nervous selfishness (worse than mine)
as you admit how addicted you get
you are anxious
pacing, analyzing, eating, fidgeting, running, repeating, thinking, talking
how ironic i thought to myself, that you never learned the definition of gloaming
we fight till the death, it couldn't be a waste of breath, we were fashioned for this
you wake me up in the night to tell me of something i could never remember
because it isn't about me, never was and never will be
i thought i was an exception, to a rule i articulated, as you spoke over
you do not understand anything, and why that is you will forever wonder
you are my mother 
   
you seek out and find what you know
but as far as what i want, you are far from what that would bestow
even so, lessons in growth
you trigger my dishonest secrecy and my ocd
though that's not why all of my dreams have been about hating you lately

No comments:

Post a Comment