Wednesday, August 27, 2014

In My Car Before Work

One time you worried that you loved me more, that it could possibly be more endless than my own. I call you now, but you can't get to the phone, and I will only leave one message in a row. I understand how exactly how you spend your time in your home. I realize you probably don't think of me as desperate and alone. It took me years to see that how you see me is how I need to be seen. You've always known I was a child, and innocent, but not seen as overly emotional and hopeless. This has always been my one good thing, unwavering, what I can count on. I could tell you anything, I won't now, but could. You would respond with perfect clairvoyance and the experience of years. I am aware I'm near to useless, and too often see myself as a nusance, but this is our life now. This works, though, and is safe, and is home. This is family, my blood. I know you are far, but this is the most important thing, distance is nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment