Friday, November 23, 2012

Corpse Roads

"And I'm so damned scared of dying without you
that I've come prepared
resolve from my life to wear a funeral suit
don't lie, don't lie, don't lie
I know we're fixing to die
and don't tell me how
I'll smile and pretend it won't show to the crowd
and I'll go without
punish myself for not knowing about
this lie, this lie, this lie
that we're fixing to die
and don't lie, don't lie, don't lie
I know we are fixing to die
and I'll be like this till the wounds leave the cry
and I won't give in, we'll be dead in the eyes
and I will see the dark things that you all try to hide
and I will not be the damnedest bit fucking surprised
no I won't be the damnedest bit fucking surprised
so let's not lie, let's not lie, let's not lie
I know we're fixing to die
don't lie, let's not lie, let's not lie
I know we're fixing to die"

No comments:

Post a Comment