Friday, November 9, 2012

Lower Hand

I called you, and said, "I want to hear your voice." You replied that, "You can." I did not understand, that something good could happen for me. I forfeit all power, as if I couldn't even have it.

He said, "You need someone to tell you exactly what to do. And you will do it, the best that you can." I said yeah, he's right. He told me that without specific directions that I am lost, directionless. He never did tell me how to cure this. 

I saw a movie last night, a girl asked a man what happened in his life to make him need so terribly to be in control. I ponder the series of happenings and relationships that put me in a position to want to be nowhere near it.


"What do you see? (Weakness)
Tell me something that I don't already know.
Do you know what I see? An anal retentive prick, who can't dance, who can't breath ... because he is so self involved.
Who took your power away from you? Who made you feel so powerless you've become obsessed with control? Thinking everything through instead of feeling anything? Who? Who hurt you so much you never want to feel that way again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment