Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Out The Other Side

you pry and you pry until you pry someone actually open. then you dig and you dig until you are inside, but then you do not stop, neglecting all pain and consequence. one day you find yourself all the way on the other side, nowhere left to go. that person is torn, ripped up inside. and you are a mess, to say the very, very least.

"We never met, you and I. We were always inside, we were somewhere inside one another.  And I'll live without you, Love, but what good is one glove, without the other? Still you only ask about my leaving, oh but honey I had no choice, and I call (and when you hear that heavy breathing) for the sound of your voice. But you sit there silent, folded arms, and look down as I walk by. My face has changed, you know it's me. You know by the stillness in my eyes. Come and whisper in my ear, "You're very pretty, dear" and..and, "It'll be alright." You're lying!
But I don't mind tonight. "

No comments:

Post a Comment