Sunday, December 2, 2012

Heart

"I woke up
with a tag between my toes, and my feet were frozen
I could feel my dreams decomposing, and my nose was bleeding
She was ghost, leaving me holding my ribs, she did it gently
I could tell by the way the sheets were folded
Carefully on this old bed that we hardly slept on
She always kept calm when I said, "Go ahead mammy, get gone"
I guess I got up and go
Must have got up and jetted
Fuck it, forget it
There is nothing except for me
(and my cup of regrets)
Come into my love nest, the dungeon of fuck fest
Plunging into tunnels my tongue wets
Come and get some sex, kitty kitty
Drinking from the titty sink till you're drunk
Unless you cry for spilled milk
I suckle from the young breasts that I
Unless a jury surely don’t upset the poet
Tapping random body parts, like this dirty drum set components
Certainly some men undress to know what it's like
To touch success, that’s unimpressed by sunsets at night
I’m almost certain she hurts inside from all this shit
Drawing a curtain, blurring the line before crossing it
Calling it principle of shame is pouncing back and forth
I’m sipping from the same container down to six ounces of backwash
Doused from bath water till all consequences fade away
Doubts are on back order, false confidences on layaway
Bought a Providence apartment cause of the way it detracts
Dangerous strangers in the tracks
To means years with stray cats but uh…
When I let her out the bag, look what she dragged in
An overpowering dad, who never let her have things
If this world was mine, I swear to mom I'd give it to baby girl
But maybe, if this girl was mine, I’d give my mom a world of babies
Instead of murder cases, waiting for her to save me
From unconfirmed aged girls I’ve dated since the early 80’s
Flirting with faith
I heard she’s the first lady to be referred to as crazy
Cutting out the middle women, cutting out little children
Sitting on a couch sicken to my inflated stomach
The baby in me is kicking, buckets, and I’m jaded from it
Couldn’t hold onto her, afraid of breaking something
No longer knowing the difference between making love and hate fucking
Unfortunately thoughts can’t be aborted
when seeds get planted deep into the guy hiding his pot belly
I snore when I sleep (It kept her up)
It keeps her out (keeping her quiet)


It makes me wonder what else she didn’t have the heart to tell me"

No comments:

Post a Comment