Sunday, December 9, 2012

Often Quietly

the guilt keeps you around, not here, but around
you see what you've done, because you are aware
and often do feel badly for it, because we know that I am a good person

I had an epiphany, the recurring kind
realizing over, and over, and over, and over
that there is a reason for my obsession with the emotionally vacant type
addiction to the despondent, unavailable kind

I like someone, I really like someone
they are not in a place to take care of me
but I do not mind, I accept them for their faults and flaws

I wait for it, often quietly, then they leave
often quietly
not really leaving, but definitely not staying
maternal, paternal
probably all of us
likely forever

but if you create the same dynamic, same relationship
ultimately, the consummation will again and again, end the same

No comments:

Post a Comment