Saturday, December 6, 2014

Like You Do

There are two types of love
there is a light, fluffy, transparent cloud, warm and safe and sparkling and clean, and beautiful
there is a second kind of love
it's a heavy blanket, black, hot, dark, it's convoluting, and a tiresome burden
these loves are different but of equal intensity
I want you to know that your love is fresh air, clear and innocent and true and wonderful
you should know my love is what that suffocating and confusing feeling is
this is all learned, but it's no excuse
I've loved a dark love before
tricked her into thinking I was light
everything was a game that I had to decode for months until I could finally feel it
two shadowy loves get lost in each other
I wandered aimless for years just looking for you
you felt foolish and stupid for my misrepresentation
you thought I was good
you mistook me for beautiful
you taught me love though
and these good, good people
they do not get the games

No comments:

Post a Comment