Thursday, December 11, 2014

I Dream About You Therefore You Dream About Me

i read a lot of poetry via 'take a look inside' on amazon
i light candles and watch them burn with increasing anxiety
i untuck my sweatpants from my socks
i listen for sounds in the hallway and wish i didn't hear them
i check my bed for bedbugs but don't see them
i tell everyone i care about that i have bedbugs as a test to see if they will still love me as a monster
i drink water
i wait for phone calls
i feel my teeth rotting in my mouth
i buy running shoes online but only wear them ironically because i'm embarrassed about my body
i prepare for the morning by filling the kettle because if i fill it up right before turning on the electric burner the sound of the wet bottom against the coils makes my skin crawl but forget to do that almost always
i want to make my bed but don't
i want to write something that instantaneously rids both you and i of our tremendous hurt but don't  
i want to iron but don't
i paint my nails
i eat 85% dark chocolate
i wonder if you miss us making each other laugh then get over it (kinda of)
i try to take a shower so hot that it burns away my personality
i pour a massive glass of wine and do not drink it
i turn my wifi off, i turn my wifi on
i take a picture of my face and feel like a burden
i brush my teeth and think about their repositioning
i look around and am convinced none of this exists because it actually makes such little sense to me
and then i feel the same way
and lie about sleeping pills
and lie about cough syrup
and take them anyway
i dream about you, therefore you dream about me

No comments:

Post a Comment