Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Head

"WELL MY HEAD
JUST AINT
WHAT IT USED TO BE"

i wash the sleeping pill down with cough syrup, to get through the night, the hardest part. i am awoken at 4am to my neighbor hitting his wife in the face, the five year old cries, and is disregarded with an ice pack melting in his hands for the "lumps". i don't tell anyone these things anymore, my ipod getting stolen out my car, anything victimizing, because i am not a victim, anymore. i figured the most sensible thing to do was travel in my sleep, to see your face and deliver my love. well i'm tossing and turning to the rhythm of death, the infestation is in my head, i don't know how to say that.

"And I see things I actually don't see. I knew it wasn't actually you a few feet from my reach. I looked into your eyes and I began to lose my teeth, 
And I felt you were dreaming the same thing."

i tell her that i am capable of doing anything, with the power of my mind's energy, except find the right words to say, on some days i can't hear anything over that voice that won't seem to go away. i understand more and more, as days go by, i can ring up that person, when i want to get out of here.

"You know who I am... you held my hem as I traveled blind,
listening to the whispering in my ear, soft but getting stronger,
telling me the only purpose of my being here is to stay a bit longer."

No comments:

Post a Comment