Sunday, November 23, 2014

Time Was a Vacuum but Admittedly This Sucks

"I was in pain."

you speak so hushed I cannot hear
only feel it
everyone rendered see-through if i were to search for your spirit

I've been reading about entanglement
been listening on the radio about tethered objects
they said everything that has a beginning has an inevitable end
the sun only shines because it is burning out
but somedays I can see so clearly 
that we never really started
like we will never really end
when I was waiting for you to forget all about me
you said you painted me from memory
well some days
I can't see your love for me in the squint of your eyes anymore
the hint of a smile
and I worry that's it's been a fucking while
so I stop looking at your pictures
stop writing my words
the dreams never cease 
and I've never felt so close to a human
time is irrelevant
and I hope you, too have found some peace in that
remember when you said I was a bar rat
and I called you, out
almost an hour and a half
I held that phone so close
as close as I could get
and I still listen to those songs
and I still drive by your old house 
the phone poll I hit 
the bottles in the window
drunk in love with you

I can still feel the magic
that realm dancing just before my eyes
almost reached my fingers out 
to touch it
those many treacherous nights 
bury me like a time capsule
I am nothing but a vessel for this love
and dig me up, any time you feel alone
sometimes I curl up in the empty space left
cannot be found for days and weeks on end 
you were the one who changed clocks
who read my mind
I inked my lip
because you made forever not scary
not long enough

I've never trusted anything as much 
will never miss anything like lying in your bed feeling eternally fucked

No comments:

Post a Comment