Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Week In Mental Health(Hell)

monday i call kaiser adult psychiatry and they tell me to contact my therapist. i call my therapist, she calls me back, puts me on hold, calls adult psychiatry, they book me an appointment with a psychiatrist next monday. next therapy appointment isn't until monday the first week of may. i get off of work and call kaiser several more times, then drive to adult psychiatry. at the "crisis clinic" i meet briefly with a counselor, who tells me to make an appointment with my primary care physician, and cancel my psychiatry appointment, she promises she will email both my therapist and my primary regarding my needs/this visit. monday night i email my primary care physician, saying what happened, and what i would like to do. tuesday i call kaiser to make an appointment with my primary, the woman on the phone recommends not making an appointment, and explains that these sort of things are often dealt with in phone sessions. since my primary actually had a phone session available (two, both in the morning) for the following day, wednesday, i book the first one at 8:50am. wednesday morning driving to work i get a call from a number i don't know (8:48am), i answer it, and it's kaaren nelson-mundson, my primary care physician. kaaren says that these things are difficult to gauge over the phone, and that she needs me to schedule an office visit, i ask for the soonest available appointment, which she says is friday morning (11:50am), she never mentions my email, but explains that phone sessions are eight minutes long. we talk about my concerns, and the conversation lasts a total of four minutes. she says to keep my psychiatry appointment for monday. she says she cannot observe my body language over the phone. i go to work (and finish my financial assistance forms for kaiser).

April 10th: 11:50am primary assessment - Kaaren Nelson-Mundson, 3801 Howe, Fabiola building #422 
April 13th: 8am psych appt - Kimbery Yang, 3900 Broadway, building A

April 27th: any time (drop-in) follow up shots (Hep C, HPV) - injection center, 3801 Howe, Fabiola building, 2nd floor

May 7th: 4:30pm therapy appt - Valerie Spivey-Herd, psych 110 building
May 14th: 4:30pm therapy appt - Valerie Spivey-Herd, psych 110 building

No comments:

Post a Comment