Monday, August 27, 2012

Breathe Meaning To Every Gasp Of Air


"Now ghosts, they have their secrets
And they'll tell them to a few
So you could never pay attention 
When they're whispering to you
There were many talents you possessed 
That I wished myself to have
But the way your eyes would gloss over 
Well, I never envied that

And I doubt you'll ever come back now 
From wherever it is you are
Because you never understood 
What we loved you for

I'm sure the TV sets will tell us 
When someone reinvents the wheel
Until then I'll have a million conversations 
About shit that isn't real
But I've tried to breathe in meaning
Dig deep to every gasp of air 

Because I know you did the same thing 
For as long as you could bear
I guess everything just circles around 
To where it was before
So I hope I see you soon 
In some other form
"


No comments:

Post a Comment