Thursday, August 30, 2012

Language


It's crazy how variant facial expressions can really be
and it is complicated thinking about anything
to the extent that I seem to deem necessary
and I found myself saying I did not have enough energy
left in me
to continue this life
but there is a name for that, so I just kept that thought in my mind

and I was thinking today how you surely miss
having someone around who tries so hard
with their dream analysis
their bashful jokes, and movie scripts
writing everything down and making you read it
I was exhausting, and exhausted just thinking up that list
so you do your own thing and that's okay
I'll sit alone here thinking how if I had a pen and pad
I would still want to send this your way
about how many different things people can say with their face
and the language of mine that you lost
when my eyes, not mouth said I wish you would stay

No comments:

Post a Comment