Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hey Lisa

you can see we all went different ways
but some things stayed the same
like how none of us have changed
or all of the ways that we think about those days


and they're my friends
but more than that they apprehend 
what I mean when I say do you remember when...


whether we still fall asleep at dawn
that house is gone
with its memories and graves
love that stayed and those two lawns


the couch, chair, table, the people, the futon
the talks, the drinks, the songs
we were never alone, nothing was wrong
we all had this home, we'll never forget
the love, the laughs, the rest
forever remember
we will forever remember
just please remember
nothing ended but a lease that november
"I'd like us all to be a tad less sad but I guess it characterizes us."

No comments:

Post a Comment