Thursday, August 2, 2012

That's Not Exactly True

"see I tamed a lion once, I stole his roar
stripped his pride away, but he found more
so now he's back to take what's his
and shove my future in my face 

scare me back in my place 
so soon, so soon 

you've got it beat 
'til it eats you

I left my flaming sword beside your bed
I woke to find it pressed 

against my neck
you wept suggestion never works
so now I'm trying something else
I shut my eyes, hold on, oh well
I felt a feather fall, a tree trunk split
inside my lying laugh, played violin
he said, "you should give up your voice
before we both end up destroyed"


I quit alright
he purred, "good boy"
cause you'll believe anything when you're caught
and you'll fall for anyone and
I said that's not exactly true
only you, you do what you do"

No comments:

Post a Comment