Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Then I Let Them Go

"Here is how a great escape goes when you can't take your dead friend's names out of your phone."

"I have been completely unable to maintain any semblance of relationship on any level
I have been a bastard to the people who have actively attempted to deliver me from peril
I have been acutely undeserving of the ear that listen up and lip that kissed me on the temple
I have been accustomed to a stubborn disposition that admits it wish its history disassembled
I have been a hypocrite in sermonizing tolerance while skimming for a ministry to pretzel
I have been unfairly resentful of those I wish that acted different when the bidding was essential
I have been a terrible communicator prone to isolation over sympathy for devils
I have been my own worse enemy since the very genesis"


"I told them, "You will grow to be something tenacious and exalted; you are mighty, you are gracious, you are lauded." Then I let them go."

No comments:

Post a Comment