Friday, August 10, 2012

Teeth

In my dream I finally pulled you aside, after so many tribulations, and strife. I said that I only wanted things to not be weird any more, and you said sorry, as if it wasn't me who did that. Sometimes I get what I want in my dreams, mostly because I can make the words come out of my mouth in them. As if my life could be so totally reimagined when I awake in the morning, and it can be, and it is sad, but we spent some time together, and I am secretly grateful for that.

This is why I forbid myself to look at pictures of your face. You were so clear and real as day, your teeth piercing and gleaming, and my affection reflecting off of you, back into me, like it used to.

Now all I am doing is reflecting, mostly because
you told me you dream about me too, and never once said what yours consist of.

A promise about you, I know now, is just another that I will inevitably break, I refrain from calling it all fate, and go back on my word, having not a thing any longer at stake.


So finally I fall asleep, drift into a dreamscape of spectacular fallacy, where loved ones are helping me, return my own life to its immaculate normalcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment