Monday, October 8, 2012

Circling Feelings

"it’s connected on a timeline, it’s a circle, no sides "
I've been feeling especially nostalgic these last few days, so I am just going to go there. It was earlier this week and he is sitting to my right on a barstool, but more standing than sitting, I noticed. It isn't all that crowded, and feels louder than it actually is, his face is close enough for me to hear him though, and I like his voice a lot even if it makes me a little nervous. He is talking to just me, when all of a sudden he accidentally draws upon a memory, both he and I were there for.  Time slowed to a standstill, and the recollection played in front of my eyes, like it was my whole life, and it was. His intentions were not to burst the dam, so I say nothing of it. Although, we had to of been thinking the same thing. 
What if I am interpreting this all wrong? I view this and all things as linear, in succession, or maybe as a web, spreading outward. Perhaps it all coincides with neither interpretation , perhaps it is a simple circle, and think of all the comfort in that.

"Only in their leaving can they ever come back around "



No comments:

Post a Comment