Friday, October 12, 2012

Violently

I had a dream that I was running, I was being violently chased by two men, shot at all the while. Both men were tall and lean, the man with dark parted hair was a bit taller than the other, with wavier and longer sandy blonde. The men were my past, and I hid, panting, trying not to be killed by them, weaponless. I hid in rocky terrain behind large white boulders, and in attempts not to be killed, I ran as fast as I could. Two bullets flew passed my left ear, and I felt how close death really was. I ran until I saw a building, it looked like a school, or maybe offices, and losing the men briefly I charged through its halls to find a safe hiding place, hoping to lose them for good. The janitorial staff were the few people scattering the rooms and hallways, I avoided them, and they did not seem to notice me. I found the restrooms, I burst into the women's room and scan quickly for ideas. I knew that they would be finding me soon, so I turned on a facet, and let water spray the blue tiles of the bathroom, until they are coated with a slick clear layer, to delay my hunters. [My thoughts were being played aloud, as if a voiceover monologue in a movie, and I am calm, calculated.] I am terrified, I glance down at the dark glistening floor, and next thing I know, I've come up with the plan of holding myself against one of the walls of the stalls. I bolt inside, and struggle to find a way to conceal my fingers and feet, at the top and bottom. The door opens, and I am scared, silent and still. I am confident momentarily, when the stall door swings open, and I am greeted by a new face, but it didn't matter, I was found. 
"No moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality. Just an inner indecisiveness."

No comments:

Post a Comment