Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Anchors And Grappling Hooks


I plug in my laptop
I plug in my cellphone
I plug in everyone else's laptops and cellphones
because like many other concerns, this is something I cannot conceal
my fear of things running out on me

I can see the sky through the blanket covering my window
I can see you in my hands
but like many other concerns
I cannot reach you
or anyone
or anything

I am watching the clock more than anything
there are not enough hours in the day for all of my anxieties to cram into
they burst into the night 
and I am too weak to (fall asleep) wake up, again

so come on let's just chalk this up
like my body
put you where you belong on the list of things I must always live with but loathe uncontrollably
like my body

remember me as I once was
covet me like a memory
I got some abandonment baggage I wouldn't dare leave behind
I am drinking water until I'm sick 
but my ocd isn't the only thing that keeps ticking 

No comments:

Post a Comment