Monday, July 8, 2013

To Stay Or To Go

If I could go back, I would whisper in my own ear
to run.
I think maybe I must have, because I could hear all those years ago, a stronger me, giving myself a fair warning. I neglected my advice, a common benign and futile gesture (I guess I wanted to watch it all play out). I did not know then that this meant unravel, and I'd admit to my own eyes that I am no better for it.
If you could go back, I am not certain if you would advise yourself to stay or to go. Because despite how many years have passed I know you are still as torn at the seams, I am sure you told yourself a little of both. And listened. Silent catastrophes that require no preparation, and a memory only as sharp as the knife in your back.
I could be wrong of all things, and perhaps we came to assist from the past. Concepts that are blood deep, and struggles as rooted as a family tree.
What to do once a loved one is entangled? You must be just as bewildered as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment