Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Think


The stupidest shit I ever heard is the other side to an argument, that I believe is bigger than all of us, anyway. It's hard, because I do not have solid answers to the questions that break my belief. But, I do know that I have a friend that has no choice but to repeat one single word in his head, all day, every day, all night, every night, he told me it was the worst thing to ever happen to him. He tries to change this too, medication, therapy, anything he can think of. I find it absurd of someone to tell me with such assurance that all of us, humans, can control our thoughts totally, and completely. I mean it's not quite as bad as if we were sleeping, subject to dwell on the places our head goes in our dreams, but perhaps it's rather close. The most prominent question is likely, "Who is thinking it then? Who or what is making us think it?" I don't know, I don't know what love looks like, or where god is, and how we came to be, but we are here and I would just like everyone to know, I only have a certain amount of say.

No comments:

Post a Comment