Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Friend

Knowing, one day, you and I will sit side by side, but not too close, inside your car or mine. Neither of us will feel trapped, or safe; something right in between. The sides of my mouth will reply when you glance over at me. When I am with you I will feel as though I've fallen off of the map, because when we are together not a soul knows where we are at. We will not know where each other is at, but it will feel good, it will feel right. Like how you keep me up, as well as put me to sleep each night, confusing, I mean. I long to tell you the whole truth, unintentionally tracing the stitch on your pants, I don't look at the clock in the dash because I only want this to last. It goes fast, time with you is precious, and you always have an agenda. In this moment I will look at your artist hands, and draw out any ounce of symbology that I can. The following nights I shall proceed to get drunk off of it, feeling exceptionally close, and exceedingly far, but you understand. You understand everything, I'll explain nothing. Except the few things that I feel I probably should, which results in over-explaining. Time flies in your absence, neither one of us changing. And you do not explain a goddamn thing. Resurfacing all of my fears. But this time when I am with you I will cry the tears of these years, keeping them in. But in the mean time I'll remain afraid, I'll never see you again.


No comments:

Post a Comment