Monday, July 22, 2013

Judging Books By Their Spine

you distance yourself
partially by accident, partially not
you can't connect to my newfound 
but very apparent happiness
can't relate
won't try
well I've been trying for years
to feel the way that I am finally pretending to be
but we all know that no professional success could ever come close to personal triumph 
what could make me more purposeful than you making my breakfast at dawn
saying Mollie, you won't be late
or the mornings you awoke before me
kiss my cheek, I roll over and you are gone
permenantly
I try to imagine where I'd be without this tragedy
the travesty of happiness
nothing much to compare this to
because no one can see
I spend each and every day
thinking of ways to fix that one thing that broke

if I had the chance to go back, would I manipulatively repair, or eradicate?

you wish to stay away from my happiness

while I haven't lived through an August I can remember where I didn't wish not to

No comments:

Post a Comment