Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dreams Are Dreams

he motioned in that parking lot for me to come towards him, i begin to slowly, as he is advancing to meet me. i instantly recognized the brand, and the color, i could have told you easily, the small box is in his right hand, and the left stretches out swiftly towards my approaching face. i am still looking him in the face, but break momentarily to inhale as he tells me to speaking, "think of what that reminds you of." the word "reminds" really stuck out, lingered even, and i wondered if he knew what memories he was triggering upon initiating this act. suddenly i am inhaling as deeply as i possibly could, what is in his outstretched arm, my brain is instantly flooded, and remained that way. thoughts are fighting for attention, but i really remember thinking that this wasn't fair, despite the part i, myself, played in it. despite all self purposed negative connotations, the scent did in fact induce a relatively sweet recollection somehow or another. although, it never ever damned my lungs, it hurt so much deep within my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment