Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Scar

sometimes I will lie awake and try to think of subjects we never talked of
it makes my brain sore until I give in and give up
I know you think and talk those things now and I want you to know, that I know
I guess I just thought if there was something left unspoken I could latch onto it and finally let this go


I've been sifting through the same ideas and memories, you could tell anyone it made me grow
I've been struggling to better myself for anything new
I don't want you to know that I have in reality got nothing to show


I've grown up though, shifted the blame back to myself like it should be
I spent years so sad and scorn probably simply because it was easy
but I know now living looking back stuck in its shadow never got me far
I have realized now I did not make the cut but most definitely turned it into the scar

No comments:

Post a Comment