Thursday, June 21, 2012

Had Been That Long

I had a dream that I ended up in your house. I was at your table, with other people, and it was not the only thing different, everything was and I couldn't even recognize it. It had been that long. I couldn't get at all comfortable, with the slightest notion that you did not want me there, I tried to leave so badly. When I finally made it out I had no shoes, and walked the streets barefoot for a long time. I couldn't tell you I was in your house when I saw you, you told me that you already knew. I felt terrible, but you weren't mad. So I asked if you wanted a ride to work.

"You're bored of cheering me up
Bored of calming me down
Bored of drying my eyes
But there was once a time when you were the one

You were the blue of the sky
You came after the storm
You were the switch on the wall
In the dark of the hall
That I'm still fumbling for

Because I'm lost in the black
I don't know where I am
I have my arms stretched out in front
And I'm calling your name just as loud as I can

And I know there's words that we will never speak
And the questions can't be answered easily
But I want it to be easy
"

No comments:

Post a Comment