Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Prophecies

Survival instincts without a doubt go further than fight or flight, or life or death situations. I think that the subconscious desire to survive, paired with the conscious or subconscious wanting to prove yourself right, or be right, can be a very interesting thing. So, without even knowing it, you could have set up in your mind a self-fufilled prophecy, and could be repeatedly pleasuring yourself with the outcome of simply proving yourself correct in your own truths. For example, if I believed, in some suppressed or no more than latent sense that because as far back as I could remember that there were two types of meaningful relationships that I could be a part of, I had been living a life unknowingly affirming that truth. That is neither solely because I wanted to be right, or just because I thought it to be fact, it's probably some of both. When my mind was deciphering so many years ago, what a relationship really meant, knowing only my family members to base that presumption on, I think that I decided that there were two discernible relations, and outcomes from those connections, both ending with digression. A. The first kind is to find the loved one so remarkably disappointing, upon seeing that they will never change their ways, you distance yourself as a coping mechanism, to avoid further hurt and letdown. You find acceptance within yourself, perhaps even forgiveness, but nothing could ever be as you had hoped. B. The second kind of love is to discern yourself to be such an endless, cureless disappointment to the other, as well as yourself. It is clear that you are not good enough, unworthy, useless, and the only choice is to discontinue making yourself a burden, and leave while you can.
Every relationship of mine since has been consumed by one thought or the other, or a combination of the two, in my struggle to survive, I do what I have to, to insure that I come out alive. In the protection and preservation of your heart, all intimate or important affections have a sort of basic fight or flight facet. In the primitive sense, of avoiding getting caught, stuck, or destroyed by something, I think the same goes for attachments. 
In the end, what is comprehendible, as well as rings valid, is that someone is left after the event of one's departure feeling of no worth. Feeling so vastly disappointing, that it would be absurdly selfish to ever go back to put that upon someone you care so greatly for. Every good relationship must conclude in a personal forfeit, for the best interest of the other, for yourself, or in the best interest of yourself for yourself. There is nothing meaningless, or cheap about giving up yourself, it is an act of love, one of the strongest forms of affirmation. This is not to say that it is for the other person, it is survival of the fittest, and emotional fittest and acknowledging then acting upon the right thing to do. I think it gets confusing with what I said previously, with doing everything that you possibly can to prove your personal theories to be true, you tell yourself that you are not enough, or the other person isn't enough, and no one could ever be the accurate amount of everything for someone significant. Basically, I was trained, by myself, in a very elemental stage of my life that there inescapably comes a time to distance yourself or be distanced from, and subconsciously I have been watching it replay itself out for the decade or so subsequent. Sometimes the pattern tears, but connately I don't want to be wrong.
It would mean they could have been enough, I could have been enough, still could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment