Sunday, June 3, 2012

Two Dreams

The two dreams I chose to interpret upon waking:
1. I am in this bathroom, my toothbrush along with other belongings are missing, I find only one that is not my usual toothbrush, and find some toothpaste. All that I care about it brushing my teeth. I put the toothpaste on, not knowing whose toothbrush it is until right before I use it. I realized who it belongs to, use it anyway, then find my toothbrush.
2. I am at dinner with someone and their mom, we sit very close and I am in the middle, the meal is served. It is announced that it is steak and lobster something, I say nothing, they gracefully take theirs from the serving plates, after a moment I go to do the same. I have just a fork in my left hand, nothing in my right, we continue to all converse but I cannot get my food off of the plate. The meal begins to fall apart a bit, I am embarrassed but play coy, the person notices my struggle so I say that I should have used a knife also, I keep trying, until the person goes to help me. Neither of us can transfer the food to the plate in front of me and my meal falls apart completely into a mush. 


1.
"Teeth 
To dream that you are brushing your teeth refers to your level of confidence, your struggles and your aggressiveness. You need to look out for yourself and your own interest. Perhaps, you feel that your position is shaky.
Toothbrush 
To see or use a toothbrush in your dream suggests that you are feeling defensive about any criticism directed towards you. You are putting up a shield or barrier to protect yourself from potential hurt. Alternatively, the dream means that you are preoccupied with your appearance and are worried about how others perceive you.

Toothpaste 
You are expressing concerns about your appearance."


2.
"Dinner
To dream that you are eating dinner with others signifies your acceptance or others. It is a time to reflect and share past experiences. It also suggests that you see everyone as an equal.
To dream that you are a guest at a dinner party signifies enjoyable pleasures with close friends.
Meals
To see meals in your dream suggest that you are dwelling too much on trivial matters, causing your attention to be diverted from important issues. Alternatively, you may be lacking spiritual enrichment and sensual expression."



1. Wanting to improve confidence and/or how I see myself, my struggle with aggressiveness, having no tool. I wish to shield myself from others, with my low confidence, self worth, and protective barrier. I am very much occupied with how other's see me, not how I see myself, therefore using someone's toothbrush who I put the most stock in regarding my appearance and worth. 


2. I have a faux acceptance from others, especially those I sat down to have the meal with, my thoughts are very much stifled, not sharing past experiences with the desire to. In the beginner I find us equals, but very quickly find out the truth of the matter, wanting to share enjoyable pleasures but being honestly incapable of it. Trivial matters fall apart, it takes my entire attention and focus. I disable myself with the way that I am, with sharing enrichment and expression, no one can assist, despite efforts, and I was unable to eat the prepared meal and everything it symbolized in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment