Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Violet

Days like today are the best days, so I try to figure out why that is and what makes a day the best days. I guess you can't plan for things like that, it's a nice day in a way that no one is telling you it will be a fun and worth while day. I really love just sitting there, listening to you, and you talk about everything you have learned and have been learning. I don't even need to speak a word, but sometimes I do, and I tell you what I have been thinking and learning. We both share interest. The sun is beating down and I like that, and you don't and maybe not many people I have been around are still learning, maybe they stopped a long time ago. We share some coconut water, you are like me in that you would always, always prefer sharing, anything. I look at you and wonder when you got so good at eye contact, I try my best to match it, and if you miss a word of what I say you ask if I can repeat the whole thing. Most people maybe wouldn't like that, but I do. Your mood is fine, and we also have in common that we are just trying to feel calm, and we often talk about all the ways we're similar. We both know that money isn't real, but you still keep insisting you owe me five dollars. You give it to me again and again. Anyone watching could probably tell that not very many people ask us a lot of questions about what we're saying, like each other do, but no one is ever watching, it is just us, and it has always felt that way. You said today you want to learn photography with me, and often try to find me jobs if I say I need them, you're always trying to help me, and I can't tell if you see that. But I won't forget when you said in some round about way that I am the person who helps you for the right reasons, you said no one is selfless, and you can see easily why everyone does anything. You gave me the part of the bread I wanted, and we both laughed at how we bought way too many strawberries separately, you said before that we should start shopping together and splitting all our food, then said it again today. I like that you care about organic, and care about my allergies, and even when you say that the government could read every text message I've ever sent, and to be more careful. You thanked me for coming by. You said, "Life is good" and even if I were the most miserable I could ever be in my whole life, when you say that, life is good, and it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment