Wednesday, September 12, 2012

How Defeated I Return

"You were a song I couldn't sing 
you were a story I couldn't tell 
I've only ever loved myself,
But I've loved myself so well. 
And how defeated I return.

I missed what I was supposed to learn 
'cause all I learned about was missing you."


"You were a song I couldn't sing
caught like a bear by the bees with its hand in the hive
who complains of the pain of the sting
when I'm lucky I got out alive.
a life at best left half behind,
the taste of the honey still sweet on my tongue
and I'd run (Lord knows I've tried)
but there's no place on earth I can hide

from the wrong I've done."

"The true light of my eyes is a pearl
equally emptied to equally shine"

"You, my hidden pearl of pure and perfect love
And I'm the living example of 100 percent the opposite of this"



"All this wishing I was dead, it's getting old

It's getting old, it goes on but it's old"

No comments:

Post a Comment