Saturday, September 15, 2012

They Say Love/Hate

you complain that I steal all the covers, it's freezing and you'll catch a cold
you say that my coffee is always so inconsistent, and it's getting old

you say people who really love each other should have extended periods of silence
so I hold my tongue, let you smoke too much
you and I have heated discussions about escapism, and make a point to try not to raise our voices
I call you disgusting
you remind me often that you've blocked out and forgotten a lot of our memories together
you ask inappropriate questions, and I like that about you when you do
you always return our movies, and when you forget to do your dishes I know that you didn't mean to
you tell me to drive safe when it is late
but every time that I tell you that you won't like a movie, you make a point to watch it and enjoy it
because I don't know you and can't tell you what you're like
you send me important songs when you find them, and it inspires me to do the same
I say snide comments just to hit you where it hurts and bother you
you sit in bed in just your underwear, and make me watch cartoons
you said I must hate sleeping next to someone so distance and I said I'm not trying to date you or something
you answer all my questions very well, and said old pictures take you back, and made you think
you listen to me talk about a lot of stupid shit, a lot
you tell me when you think that I look cute, but always steal my lighters
you told me that you end up making your food when I tell you that I will
I love when you make us meals
you say you don't care, and will have to think about whether or not you want me to come with you when you get your next tattoo
you bought me a candy bar for no reason, and I can't ever forget that
I don't know what you think about some things, so I don't tell you some times what people say, like what our babies would be like..
you've figured out all of my passwords, and don't listen to me when I lecture you on privacy
sometimes I look at your face for a long time when you aren't noticing, because I appreciate it and you so much
you and I can't make a decision to save our lives, so we rarely pick a movie, hardly ever pick a restaurant, and drive around a lot more than we should
you said we are the exception to each other's rules, which often are the same, and we will never spend another minute second guessing this, and its permanence 

No comments:

Post a Comment