Saturday, September 29, 2012

Must

"I know you're sad sweetheart, but it will pass
and I'm on my own dark path, so must go
she was near to you, although not near
so you cannot be blamed for feeling low
and if I could fix it, then damn I would
but I'm less than just a man to be of aid
and even less than usual I am afraid
one day you'll thank the lord I didn't stay

what can I say? more than every day
that the world is unfair, and will not change
learn from me, bury it, all down deep
it's unhealthy, but it sure keeps out the pain
and stops you from feeling anyone's to blame
cause that just leads to disappointment all your days

but I'm pretty sure everything will pass
oh that's you, that always greener grass
sinks into the glass's empty half
sinks into the glass's empty"

No comments:

Post a Comment